2 weeks of bedrest down and 1 more to go before
Abbott Northwestern becomes our home!
We had another level 2 ultrasound with the perinatology group today. Both babies look good! Both babies are moving and grooving in there (mommy can feel the babes all the time now... especially at 3am!), HR's were strong, anatomy looks perfect (for all you NICUers out there, no hypoplasts, no transposition, diaphragm intact, spine enclosed, 3 vessel cords, no cleft palates, 4 kidneys, 4 arms, 20 fingers, 4 legs, 20 toes, all ventricles in the brain are appropriate sized). Both babies are weighing in at roughly 14 oz a piece. Baby A continues to have good fluid volumes, Baby B continues to have low fluid. While we are concerned about the low fluid we remain optimistic that B will contine to produce more fluid (bladder and kidneys looked great) so that the baby can continue to mature its lungs and move all extremities. Hopefully all this bedrest will help keep as much fluid as possible in that sac! Infection still remains our # 1 concern!!!We also had the opportunity to tour Station 54 (our new home), while it is not quite as homey as 8928 St. Croix, it will serve its purpose!!! (I have already had offers to help with the decorating process). We will give you more details about Station 54 once we are there but for the mean time here are the highlights...
*Visiting hours 11am to 8pm
* No visitors under the age of 16 will be admitted
* Each person will be screened at the door for flu like symptoms (Thanks to H1N1) and given a visitors badge.
* We will have a bathroom, bed, pull out chair (poor Brent will have to sleep on this... didn't look too comfotable), TV, DVD, microwave and fridge. If we are lucky we might even get a view of downtown.
* Discount parking can be purchased from the cashier (5 parkings for $20)
Brent and I are determined to make the best out of a tough situation... it will kind of feel like being in a dorm room again... minus the Jello Shots:)
We are again soooooo thankful for all of our wonderful family and friends who have been sooooo generous with their time, engery and resources!!!! We appreciate you all so much! We look forward to more visitors as we enter the 11 week stretch of time in the hospital.
Love Always,
Brent, Emily, Berkeley & the Babes
Baby A photo of the hand... crazy how you can see all the bones!
Baby B looking right at the you... hands right under chin!


Brent, Emily & babes,
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you got good news today! I certainly appreciated all the detailed anatomy checks :)
I hope to visit you at your new home soon! And, of course I continue to pray for the babies' growth, Emily's strength and sanity through this amazing adventure, and Brent's ability to remain the rock of the family!
Please, please let me know if there's anything I can do, and I will hope to chat with you soon!
Love,
Adrienne
Wonderful news, and in true Emily fashion, you have prepared us with the rules of station 54. I love the dorm room analogy, I'll come in my jammies for girl talk and popcorn. And, there can still be jello! They have green and red, and if you are lucky, on a rare day.... Yellow! Hang on there! And remember the best part of station 54, chances are either I or Abby will be just 3 flights of stairs away! Overhead page me! Lots of love and hugs!!!!! Hannahbelle
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Can't wait to see how your redecorate station 54! From my recollection, it would greatly benefit from the Emily Utech Interior touch! Our power preemies are cheering you along every step of the way!
ReplyDeletexoxo Colin, Betsy, Ainsley, Connor and Brendan Smyth