The first part of Nathan and Benjamin's 3rd year has been full of new challenges and treasures.
NEW DAYCARE
One of the bigger changes was that they started a new daycare with a preschool curriculum. They LOVE it. I was nervous about it and wanted to make sure that we picked the right place for them. One of the things that we really liked was that they have 2 preschool classrooms so Nathan is in the "Blue Fish room" and Benjamin in the "red fish room." They are really liking having a bit of their own space. We get emailed weekly newsletters about what each classroom did during the week and what to expect for the upcoming week. Ben's teacher Ms. Christy also emails photos which I love! Most days Brent is the one to drop them off and pick them up however last week I had a chance to drop them off. They were so cute giving me directions on how to get to school... "mom turn left here!" Then they made me park in a different parking lot because.... "this is the afternoon parking lot not the morning one... silly mama!" They were so proud to show me their classrooms and their cubbies.... and all their art projects hanging on the wall. They seemed so old... too old.... but I was also so proud of all they have learned and accomplished.
RIDING BIKES
The boys got new bikes for Easter. I figured by mid summer they would be zooming around.... oh no it took about 2 days and the Utech Speedway is in full force. They ride to the park (or the one day that there wasn't snow), they ride around the garage and they even try to ride in the snow. "Mommy spring comin tomorrow???" We hear that question a lot!
It was so cold and windy this day that I choose a hat and hood over their helmets... they thought it was so cool that I gave them permission to ride without their helmets. "We no need helmets????....we ride careful!"
YMCA
We joined the YMCA a couple of months back and we all love it. I try and make it to the gym as often as my schedule allows. We love meeting our friends their. I'm more motivated when I can meet friends for a class. The boys love Kid Stuff which is the daycare. They often paint, play playdough, play in the sand table or with cars. They have a music time and a story time.... just depends on what time we go. One morning we got to the YMCA before Kid Stuff opened so we played in the community center... the boys loved it, I sat and drank a cup of coffee and they climbed... ever one was happy. We also have been taking swimming lessons, go to open swim time, and the boys are starting a sports sampler class. It has been a very positive addition to these long winter months.
Some of our favorites....
Foods:
Nathan: Olives, cheese, apples, yogurt, craisans, cheerios with milk, (Nathan is much more likely to say "me no like this!")
Benjamin: tortellini, black licorice, twisty pretzels, peanut butter toast, Bananas, yogurt and as always CHEESE
Books:
Nathan: Froggy books, Corduroy, Maisy books
Benjamin: Penny and Pup, Froggy's baby sister, Have you seen my new Blue sock
Toys:
Nathan: bike, scooter, balls, hitting pitched balls with his green bat, trains, hungry hungry hippos, Shapes puzzle maker, Sesame Street Fairtales story CD in the car and his bearbear.
Benjamin: bike, playing fireman Sam in the basement on his scooter, hockey sticks, magna blocks, Lincoln logs, cutting with scissors, painting, remote control garbage truck and bubble gun.
TV shows:
Nathan and Benjamin: Shaun the sheep
Movie:
Nathan and Benjamin: Toy Story, A Turtle's Tale and Tigger Movie
Bedtime:
Nathan: wants to be rocked, must sing two rounds of the ABC's, throws kisses to Gramma... and other important people of the day and occasionally wants to sleep on the floor. He still sleeps with a pillow over his head... just like his mama.
Benjamin: PROCRASTINATION NATION, wants to go potty, get a drink of water, sing songs, hug and kiss X1000, favorite line "But I NEED YOU!", likes to be tucked in with his feet covered.
And a work in progress.... Big Boy Rooms.... Photos to come:)
Oh 3.... they make me laugh and drive me crazy all in the same breath. So funny. so creative and so LOVED!






No comments:
Post a Comment