Check out our photo site!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

All moved in...

Good Morning to you all!!!
We are officially moved into Station 54 at Abbott Northwestern, our room number is 5478. Move in day went well. We meet with many members of the care team (all who promise to keep me sane!). We also met with the OB, her goal remains the same... keep ALL INFECTIONS away and grow these babies big!! Our goal remains to keep them in until 34 weeks... January 25th 2010!!! I'm on a mission to make sure that this happens. We listened to both babies heartrates twice yesterday... they sound great... they must like their new home because they were both kicking up a storm. I was also started on antibiotics and was given the first dose of betamethasone (steroid for the babies lungs). Brent worked hard yesterday, keeping me calm, packing and unpacking the car and moving it all into our new home. Brent also spent his first night on his less then comfortable pullout chair bed!!! My mom was also here in the evening and helped Brent get everything organized and put away. 23 weeks seems to be off to a good start! It is now day 2... 75 more days to go!!!
As we had promised!!!! We would like to announce that we will be the very PROUD parents of Twin BOYS!!!! We are thrilled and so excited about the life we will share with these baby boys!!!
Please feel free to visit us, there are great directions to the hospital on the Abbott website. I Will email out the phone number to our room... feel free to call either our cell phones or the room number.
Thank you so much to you all!!! We are so blessed!!!
Love,
Brent, Emily, Berkeley and the Boys!!!

3 comments:

  1. Two BOYS!! I love those little guys - but I'm a bit biased, I think! Love the updates . . . and you're not far from us to come and visit. Post your "wish" list and then all of us can bring you what you're wanting/needing. Any dietary restrictions?

    Love the positive attitude - it will help so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMILY!!!! That is such awesome news. Those boys are so lucky! I would love to come and visit - do you need any scrapbooking materials? Can you do that in bed?? Would you prefer scheduled or unexpected visitors? I would be happy to bring in treats.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say thank you so much to all our friends and family, everyone has been amazing. We are very lucky to have you in our lifes, your generosity and time will help Emily and I through the next few months. Like I keep telling Emily come Feb 3 we will be watching the Vikings in the Superbowl with our little boys by our sides in cute little Vikings Jerseys.
    Thank you again for all you have done, I am going to throw a huge party next summer for everyone to celebrate the births of our little boys.
    We love you all.

    Brent Utech

    ReplyDelete