Summer 2011
Summer 2012
On Tuesday, we went to our weekly playdate. As I have mentioned before ... these kids are growing up so fast... up until this point the ECFE moms have been my friends who happen to have kids that are Nathan and Benjamin's age. In recent weeks/months these little toddlers have become these amazing people who are able to verbalize and understand what "going to school" means and they recognize their friends cars "Norah's Car!" This week at the park it was crystal clear to all the moms that these little toddlers now have FRIENDS.... they held each others hands, herded each other when they got to far ahead or behind the group and they communicate and organize themselves like I have never seen before. I happened to capture some really cute photos of the munchkins... looking at this photo I found myself looking to the future... someday they will be standing in a line, with caps and gowns on and I'm afraid this will happen all to soon. STOP ... enjoy the moment I kept telling myself! So cute, so innocent and so full of hope and potential. Little people being molded into future engineers, doctors, lawyers, business professionals, friends, parents, spouses. It got me thinking about the people who have impacted my life... most importantly Brent and my family! But there are also a group of so many fabulous women who have been with me through soooo much. The list is long and to all of you who have touched my life.... THANK YOU! Your friendship means the world to me!
Casie and Kelly went to Africa and back with me... literally! We have been through 3 weddings, 5 houses, 4 pregnancies....3 of which were anything but predictable. We always laugh!
These two ladies have been in the trenches with me... other then my mom... they have seen me at my worst, they love my children as their own and they are ALWAYS helpful and loving!
These 3 ladies have made the madness of grad school bearable. They are three AMAZING, intelligent, spunky, confident, supportive friends.... and will be amazing NNPs!
These ladies are the college buds. We have been through alot, weddings, vacations, pregnancies, the good, the bad and the hilarious.
College roommates... we met the first day of college and have loved each other ever since. The story is complicated and encompasses so many journeys. They always hold a special place in my heart.
I've known the Odeens my WHOLE life. There is alot of history...
Heidi and I have been friends since 2nd grade... Carolyn and I since 4th grade. Life has thrown us all some curve balls. We have grown up together... in more ways then one! These are some of the loveliest women I know!
And these are the mommies of all those adorable little munchkins at the top! These women challenge me, support me and have been a huge surprise addition to my life.
***
I'm so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful women. The list above is by no means complete... to be honest I have more photos of my kids then my friends now, so for those of you not photoed... sorry it had a lot to do with the availability of photos!
Everyone take a moment to appreciate your friends, take the extra moment to check in. Every now and then give those special friends in your life a little shout out! They keep you sane on the crazy days and if nothing else.... they drink wine with you:)
Love always,
Mama Utech!

No comments:
Post a Comment