Check out our photo site!

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 21, 2013

First Week of Preschool

Preschool: Ready, Set, Grow
Class: Teddy Bears
Class Color: Red

Last week Nathan and Benjamin started preschool! It's hard to believe that they are ready for school... To be honest it's only two days a week... 5 hours a week... its not as though I'm losing them forever.  The trend to push kids and send them earlier and earlier is actually quite annoying... they have their whole lives to be in school (I'm 30 and i just finished). N&B already go to a preschool program at Peace of mind two days a week when I'm working...However I decided that I wanted them to have a more quintessential preschool experience, something smaller, shorter and with a little religion (I love Christmas programs).... most important I needed it to be easy and organized... user friendly for Mom and Dad (Gramma too on the days she brings them).  I really wanted the boys to share a classroom (this may be the only time they are together in a class).  So in some ways I caved to the social pressure but I do truly believe this is going to be a fun, educational and loving environment....and after orientation Brent believes this too!

Benjamin Charles... Former 3 pound miracle preemie... Now a walking, talking, baseball throwing, ABC and pledge of allegiance singing, monkey bar swinging, preschooler who loves bananas, Chocolate milk and his huge stuffed Woody doll.  

Nathan Andrew... Former 3 pound preemie.... Now a running, jumping, climbing, swing pumping, first and last word talking, preschooler who loves watermelon, gum, mac n cheese and his stuffed
Buzzlightyear doll.  

I love they way they hold their hands to tell you they are 3!


Daddy came to orientation with us and was so impressed with Ready Set Grow and their organization, love of the kids, knowledge of "3 year olds" and facilities.  Not that he didn't trust my judgement but I think it was good for him to see first hand.  

Off they go.... The education journey starts here:) I would have loved to have them home with me one more year... But this is good for them, they are excited and ready for a new challenge, new friends and a chance to grow!


First Day of Ready Set Grow: Excited to figure out what all the "Fuss" is about.


Ben Found his name....

Checking out the toys at his assigned table!

Mrs. Wall had all the kids take these cute photos and then the kids made a special project with them on their 2nd day of school!

Ben with the Class apple Tree... so proud to find his apple and his photo!

After we got home from preschool we hung up their backpacks in the front hall.... this is only the beginning of back packs littering my front entry way... we might as well attempt good habits now:)



No comments:

Post a Comment